All of my students will have blogs this year and last week I even set up blogs for my seven and nine year-olds. The Digital Natives are telling their story. When will you?
Followers
Thursday, June 28, 2012
We're all Reporters in the 21st Century
It occurs to me that now that I have a smartphone, a YouTube account, and a blog, I am, if I so choose, a news reporter. As I walk down the streets of Salem, Monmouth, Portland, or Paris, thoughts pass through my mind as I see the human drama play out before me, and if I'm perceptive, I can choose to share my thoughts with the world. With my iPhone I can film a short video of my take on a touching human interest story that is unfolding before me. And with the simple push of one button, that is uploaded to my YouTube account. My mental notes, still photos I take, and perhaps the video I just mentioned, can then be put into a blog in the early hours of the morning and others, across the globe (might as well think big here) can get some highly personalized local news.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment